Monday, November 19, 2012

DAY 32 - JESUS LOVES ME

Jesus loves me!  This I know,
For the bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me! 
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! loves me still,
When I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high,
Comes
 to watch me where I lie.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He will stay,
Close beside me all the way;
He's prepared a
home for me,
And some day His face I'll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.


One thing Josh and Crystal wanted to do,  was to be able to go to church with their little girl.  That special day came yesterday!  Briley FAITH’s first church service!  In the atrium at the hospital family and friends surrounded her “pew”, crib.   God is so gracious! 

First we sang a couple of songs led by Matt, a good friend of Josh and Crystal’s.  Then Pastor Jason brought a great message!  In fact, Briley’s eyes were open the entire time! 

She was loving it all!  You know, I think she did because she had already experienced time with Jesus and recognized it once again.  “Jesus Loves Me” from Briley’s point of view.


The Bible tells me so…
Mommy and Daddy always told me Jesus loves me.  The Bible told them and now I get to tell you!   

Little ones to Him belong…
You are “little ones”, too!  Just like me!  All of us have needs Jesus can take care of.  We all have weaknesses.  And man, is He strong! 

Jesus died on the cross…
Even I know that!  I have seen the scars when He holds me.  They also call Him, REDEEMER!

Let this little child come in…
Oh how I love being His child!  I will have a long, long, long, long, long life with my best friend!  Someone who loves me so much, even more than mommy and daddy.  Now that’s a lot of love!  I hope you get to come in, too!

When I’m very weak and ill…Comes to watch me where I lie…
I really like this verse.  I guess it’s because doctors say I am very weak and ill.  But that’s okay.  You see, Jesus says he will watch over me.  No worries here!  You might not be lying in a hospital bed like me.  You might not have been told your life is short.  Just know, whatever it is, Jesus can make it all better!  He doesn't even need a bandaid!

He will stay…
Mommy and daddy are in my room a lot!  All day long and through the night until they have to go home and get some rest.  But, let me tell you, Jesus never leaves!  And I don’t want him to leave!  He keeps me warm when they are not here.  He tells me stories of when he was little and growing up and stuff.  Of how he would tell the world of God’s love!  Like me!  That's what I am doing!  He says He doesn't leave mommy, daddy or Jude either!  He can be with us all at the same time!  Oh...and he said they are doing a great job telling about God's love, too!

Some day His face I’ll see…
In our talks, Jesus describes this place we will all be going to.  No, not all of us.  Just the little ones who belong to Him.  All God’s children.  I can’t believe there will be some people who don’t want to go there!  Anyway, Jesus said it is all ready!  I hope my mansion is PINK!  Oh and I sure hope I still get to wear bows!  Maybe I can start something new...halos with bows!  By the way, will you be there?  You can be His child.  Jesus loves YOU! 

When my grandson, Jude, first learned this song, instead of singing the way it was written…Yes, Jesus loves ME, he would sing, “Yes, Jesus loves YOU.”  There is something completely right about that.  Those of us who are children of God already know He loves us and will take care of us.  So, we need to be telling those who don’t know, about the love of Jesus.

Psalm 36:5
Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Heavenly Father,

You make me smile!  I am Your child!  Wow!  I am Your child!  I am Your child!  You loved so much that You sent Your only son, Jesus Christ, to die for my sins so one day I could say “Yes, Lord!”   You have given this opportunity to everyone!  To know the love of Jesus, an extension of Your mercy, Your grace. 

Boy, sometimes it is so hard.  I don’t want to run.  I’m scared to fall.  Then, You send me a reminder in the form of a granddaughter.  A little one that has been running and leaping into Your arms her whole life.  Running with a smile on her face the entire way knowing she will land in a happy place.

Since Briley’s birth I have been reminded of how You want me to come to You as a child.  To completely trust You in all things, as she does.  Just like a child trusts that daddy is going to catch them when they jump.  To remind me once again, because the bible tells me so.

Thank You, Father, for this reminder.  Thank you for this simple, yet, greatest love song of all.

In Your precious name I pray.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment