Sunday, November 18, 2012

DAY 31 - BEYOND THE WALLS

Heavenly Father,

I can do NOTHING without You.  This blog is NOTHING without YOU!  My life is NOTHING without YOU!  I’m so thankful I have YOU!  But, I have to do an inward examination and ask myself this question, "Do others see more of me than You?". Sadly, shamefully, I have to say "Yes".  I live inside four walls.  Physically and spiritually.  I can glance out this window in my office, day after day, seeing businessmen and women coming home from work or enjoying a game of golf.  Right there, in front of me!  Those climbing the corporate ladder that need to be told the real window of opportunity is YOU!  I can speak Your name boldly and praise You in song behind closed doors.  Once outside the boldness fades.  You have shown me over and over, it is not about me.  Again, why do people see more of me than they see You? 
Forgive me, forgive me…  Time is short.  Breath is valuable when it carries Your name. My value only lies in You, my Savior.  I’m most valuable when You become the greatest.   It's time to show more of You and less of me.  The words that I type, let each one, even the spaces, shout GLORY TO GOD! 

Let Your glory reign, through the blood of Christ I come.  AMEN!

Matthew 25:40
And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Psalm 115:1

Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, But to Your name give glory, Because of Your mercy,
Because of Your truth.

Psalm 72:19

And blessed be His glorious name forever!  And let the whole earth be filled with His glory.  Amen and Amen.
  

Today, the Lord moved upon me to get home from church and immediately begin writing. Before lunch, before I got comfortable.  You see, today’s writing, first, had to start with me.  I had to get beyond my own wall before His glory could shine.  That is why this time the post started with instead of ending with a prayer.  My own wall had to crumble down so God could speak to all of us in understanding the magnitude HIS glory can make beyond the walls.

Places with walls:  Churches, the workplace, home, mind, heart
The instrument that tears down the walls:  Our voice.  Praise.  Purpose.

When I think of a voice, the first one I think of is from a child, an orphan who lives in India.  Her name is Gayathri.  In fact, I made these bookmarks about her and on the front it says “The Voice of India”.  When my son was on a mission trip there, he was introduced to her.  I will tell a little of the story. 

Gayathri is probably about 14 years old now.  But, when my son met her, she was 12.  An orphan from India, not knowing where her next meal would come from, her floor is dirt, she lives in a very unclean environment, she is susceptible to many diseases.  We just found out not too long ago that she and her little sister has HIV.  Please pray for them.  One day, Gayathri lost her voice.  No one knew why.  It wasn’t like just a “hoarseness”, her voice was completely gone for 6 months. When this happened to her, she wept bitterly.  She wept not because she could not talk to her friends, she wept because she could not read aloud the word of God!  She was sad because she lost her voice to tell the story of Christ!  She did not see herself without, she did not see herself among the ill, she did not see herself as an orphan.  She saw who she was in CHRIST.  She made her life about Him!  She went beyond her walls, a simple shack in the village where she lived and told the story.  It was all about spreading God’s glory!

Briley FAITH’s hospital room, one large window, one door.  Inside this room there are monitors and numerous tubes she is hooked up to.   Four walls contain her…but not her story.

Since birth, Briley FAITH has told the story of God's faithfulness.  God’s glory shines beyond the walls!  Walls that could have been used to hide the heartache, keep the story a secret, contain the message of the Messiah.  The story of God’s grace, mercy, promises, strength, comfort, peace…and so much more have burst through those walls!  Her parents, Josh and Crystal, will be the first to tell you it is not about Briley and it is not about them.  It is all about making sure God receives all the glory! 

I could continue to write and tears fill my eyes with what I wish would happen for Briley, but, then I would be back to “It’s all about me.”  But, it isn’t.  It is about a Savior who died for our sins, loves us and wants the best for us all!  He wants the best for Briley!  Forget the tears of the trial and remember the sacrifice of our Savior!  Doesn’t that make you want to smile?  Doesn’t that make you want to shout?  Doesn’t that make you want to bust through your walls? To tell the world?  Shouldn’t we be stepping outside those church doors more?  Shouldn’t we not let fear take place of showing our faith in the workplace?  Shouldn’t that make us want to tell our neighbor?  Our mind, our heart, our voice need to be all about God.  All about His glory!  All about going beyond the walls.
We had a wonderful service today at Briley’s church, Holland Chapel, in Benton, AR.  Her pastor, Jason, reminded us that we are all adopted by God!  Heirs to the King!

We are all different, yet He loves us all the same.  He didn’t did have to say “I want her.  I want him.”  But, He did.  Doesn’t that make you want to shout to the world what happened?  “He picked me!”  “He loves me!”  He will feed me!”  “He will hold me!” "I know He wants you, too!".

We need to break through our walls, go into the streets and announce to all God is real!  More real than anything the world can offer!  Be a light in the darkness! Let God’s glory shine!  Gayathri runs throughout the village exclaiming the Truth, exposing God’s glory!  Briley FAITH’s story, as her daddy has said, seems like a tragedy to the world.  But, it really is a blessing to be shared.  A blessing to be used to glorify God!  A blessing to share beyond the walls.

If a newborn and a little orphan girl can get beyond their circumstances and shout "Glory to God!" surely we can!

These final words I want to end with are words I have heard Pastor Jason say many times at the close of his prayers.  Six simple words that say no matter the struggle, God brings the joy.  Joy to be shared for His glory beyond our walls.  Those words are:

“For our joy and Your glory”.  AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment