Sunday, November 4, 2012

DAY 17 - THE LILIES, THE SPARROW & THE WELL

It is November 4th, 2012 @ 8:57a.m.  As I begin to write I realize it has been 24 days, approximately 576 hours & 57 minutes since Briley FAITH was born;  5 days of "21 Days of Prayer and Praise" (Prayer for Briley and Praise to God); 13 countries, so far that we know of, praying for Briley; Day 17 of this blog; Daily updates from Josh and Crystal; many sleepless nights...

In my "humanness" I think.  No wonder the desert is home.  No wonder numbness is my bed.  No wonder tears are my drink.

And then...I see God.

Sitting here, my desk facing God's creation, I see it... the reminder, the grace, the promise, the sparrow.  Not one, not two, but several, one right after another swooping in and out of the pine tree that stands guard at my window.  Something of this magnitude I had never seen before.  A sparrow parade!  A celebration! 

"Your word is a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path.".  Over and over those words are penetrating my heart, mind and soul.  I go to God's Word.

Matthew 6:28-29

…Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
John 4:10-12
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”  The woman said to him, “Sir, you have nothing to draw water with, and the well is deep. Where do you get that living water?"

Matthew 10:31-32

Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.  So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven.

Those words, those promises, the truth...recaptured.  The lilies of the field are growing!  The Keeper of the Field will protect us, He will protect Briley, His lily.  THE WELL, living water for life!  A vast supply when life brings the droughts...hmmm...even in a storm there can be a drought in the soul.  The sparrow, so small yet so significant to God.   But, look! WE, BRILEY, JOSH, CRYSTAL, JUDE have more value than the sparrow!  We are HIS responsibility!  So much so, that He takes our requests for Briley to the Father!

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your Word!  Thank You that in Your Word I can push back away from the world! 

I'm not dry, numb, or in sorrow when I am in You.  Help me that wherever I am in life to be ALL there.  In sync with You!  I want to be where You are! 

We come to You, our Protector!  We come to You, our Provider!  We come to You, Our Living Water!  Revive us again, oh Lord! 

You, Our God are able to protect Briley from any harm!  Your Word says the plan is not to harm her but to prosper her!   We thank You for Your protection!

You, Our God are able to provide!  Provide Briley with the breaths that she needs not only to survive but to THRIVE!  Provide her with perfect lungs!  Provide her with perfect muscles!  Provide her with Your perfect blood!  Provide her parents with peace!  Provide her parents with strength and good rest!  Provide her parents with wisdom.  We thank you for Your provision in all things!

You, Our God hear our requests!  We thank You for listening.

We pray through Your healing power that Briley FAITH will miraculously live a full and healthy life!  Greater than that, no matter what, we pray that Your glory will be manifested all over the world! 

We thank You for what You have done, what You are doing and Your promises to come!

In Your Holy name, through the most precious blood I come.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment