Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DAY 55 - LEAVES OF CHANGE

Isaiah 44:23
Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done this wondrous thing.  Shout for joy, O depths of the earth!  Break into song, O mountains and forests and every tree!  For the 
Lord has redeemed Jacob and is glorified in Israel.

Last night, my granddaughter, Briley FAITH left this world and all the tubes and monitors behind!  A cloud of peace carried her up to the heavens where she received her miracle, her healing.  But, oh how Granna misses her!

So, today I was not sure there would be a posting to the blog.  Just silence.  But, as the day went on and night entered in I started feeling this stirring in my soul.  Was it God?  Was it me missing Briley FAITH?  The words must always come directly through my Lord and Savior.  If it’s just me, all I can do is give the words a place to land on paper without meaning.  When they are from God the words come alive and have purpose; if not for someone else, at least for me.  I must make sure.  So, I wait.

Valuable moments were spent with family.  We looked at pictures that no words can tell of their beauty.  There are glances across the room to each other as if to say, “Are you doing okay?”.  Hugs came in all day through the front door and over the phone.  Blessed, we are blessed.

Heading home the stirring in my soul becomes greater.  I knew I would never stop this blog, I just was not sure if I would be writing today until now…

Yesterday, I watched a wonderful Hallmark movie about a well known artist who lost the love of his life and then lost his desire to paint.  He struggles with what he could paint in memory of his wife.  Many years went by without one stroke of the brush because he didn’t want the dark and gloom he felt inside to end up on the canvas.  He had been painting leaves in the cold that fall painfully off the tree, reflecting his broken heart.  But then finally realizes it is actually the light behind the leaves he was to paint!  Of course, it turns out to be a beautiful painting.  A good movie and thought provoking.   

There is this tree near where I live that my grandson, Jude, and I had labeled “the golden tree”.  It was dressed in the most beautiful golden leaves I had ever seen.  Like Briley FAITH, like her life; dressed in God’s beauty. 

Although Briley’s body was frail, her story stood strong and tall in faith, dressed in leaves of change.  Each leaf that drops means she touched that life, a life that had changed because of her story.  A life that now on their own had faith enough to take the next step, to fall into the arms of God.  One by one they fall.   The more leaves that fall the greater the light can be seen through the branches of her struggles.  Some lives hold on longer to see what her faith will do next.  The winds of hopelessness come time after time for 61 days. Those wanting to continue to hold on see in amazement she is still standing!  Seeing her strength and faith they are no longer afraid!  Now shouting in freedom, “Watch me!  I can do this!  I have that kind of faith!  I know the One who will catch me!”  Many detach and peacefully fall, knowing God has a purpose for them, just like Briley FAITH.

Our little “golden tree” continues to hold on until the last leaf falls.  December 11, 2012 the last leaf must have fallen because here on earth her purpose was fulfilled.   Briley FAITH’s story of God’s amazing grace has been heard; life after life has been changed and God’s light has been seen throughout the world. 

One of those golden leaves is me.  Today I wish I were still attached because that would mean she would still be here trying to get me to see the light, the truth in my purpose.  It would have been so much easier to just keep holding on.  But, I, too, had to let go.  It was time to fall into the arms of the One who always catches me when I fall. 

Just because Briley FAITH is not here with us does not mean the story ends.  Those of us who are one of those leaves of change must continue to reveal God’s light.

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for holding me right now.  Thank You for what You have given our entire family.  I never realized the magnitude of Your grace and strength for us all!  I’m so amazed and thankful.  Praise You!  Praise You!  Praise You!

Continue to use us all, Lord, as we march on in boldness keeping alive what Briley FAITH started.  One by one we fall into Your plan for our lives.

Thank You for those beautiful eyes that spoke to us all.  Thank You that I got to hold her.  Thank You for giving her to us.  Thank You, that we will see her again.

In the precious name of Jesus, I come.  AMEN!
THE GOLDEN TREE

No comments:

Post a Comment