Sunday, December 9, 2012

DAY 52 - IN HIS PRESENCE

Psalm 16:11
You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Thousands of times I have sung “In the Presence of Jehovah” with Diane and Karen.  They are more than friends, they are sisters.  God brought us together to minister in song as “Southern Charm” for 17 years.   “In the Presence of Jehovah” was our very first song to sing as a group.  Over the years there have been days I hear those words echo in my mind searching for healing… today is one of those days.

Briley FAITH has always had a sweet intimacy with God.  She has such a connection that when I am around her I feel closer to Him, in His presence.  A peace no words can tell, and they don’t.  It just is. 

It’s not the rain today that is pouring outside that makes the light of my soul seem so dim.  I need help.  The words to the song echo…

In and out of situations, that tug of war at me.  And all day long I struggle for answers that I need…

There have been so many times my want has been different than His will.  Especially lately, back and forth with “No!” then “Yes”, “No, Lord.  Please?” then again, “Okay, Lord.  I trust You”.   Why wouldn’t I want to put Briley FAITH in Your care?  Why wouldn’t any of us… but I do struggle at times wanting something different than what You have shown us so far.  But, this morning in the quiet, I heard You say, “Breathe.  Just breathe in Me and I will take You there… in My presence, to My will.

Then I come into His presence, all my questions become clear.  And for a sacred moment, no doubt can interfere…

Though tears are running down my face as I type, I have to say the joys truly have been greater than the tears.  God’s hand has always been on Briley FAITH, mommy, daddy, Jude and the entire family.  Briley’s diagnosis of SMA/Type 0 was no surprise to Him.  So, when I breathe and look at all He has done, the doubt is replaced with peace… in His presence. 

Through His love the Lord provided a place for us to rest.  A place to find the answers in the hours of distress...
 
The answers to my questions are all around.  God has used our little darlin’ to share Him in such a way that people are listening.  There are so many answers right in front of me!  Here are a few. 

Answer…  The alcoholic who doesn’t go to church read the updates and saw great faith!  He knew that was for him, too!  He prayed and asked Jesus into his heart! 

Answer… The mother of four, who was struggling with hard decisions to make, took a step of faith because of seeing the faith displayed throughout Briley’s journey.

Answer… A stranger who had been reading about Briley somehow, shows up at a church/dedication service for her that was held at the hospital atrium.  His wife was in a coma at a different hospital.  He needed to draw strength from the faith he had already seen.

Answer… I have changed.

There is never any reason to give up in despair.  Just slip away and breathe His name.  He will surely meet you there.

Sitting alone at home, in the quiet, my head is down in defeat.  As each day passes, the door to Briley FAITH’s hospital room seems heavier and harder to close when I leave.  I even find myself walking slower down the halls of the hospital.  But then, I remember that song I used to sing.  It tells me to not give up!  To call upon His name and He will meet me wherever I am!  And then…

Realizing I’m not alone, my head lifts up as I say, “Jesus”.  As I’m slipping out of that hospital room and walking those halls, my heart whispers, “Jesus” and at that very moment He gives me what I need. 

In the presence of Jehovah, God Almighty, Prince of Peace.  Troubles vanish, hearts are mended in the presence of the King.

On my knees at my bedside, driving down the interstate, sitting in the chapel, or just in my thoughts sitting in Briley’s room; when I breathe Him in and enter into His presence, teardrop after teardrop is turned into joy. 

He wants to turn your tears into joy, too.  Just speak His name and He will meet you there.


Heavenly Father,

I know the only way I can come into Your presence is to come through the precious blood of Your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.  Here I am.  Through that blood, asking forgiveness and just wanting to be with You.  I need You!  We need You!

All glory and praise to You!  Our healer of hearts!  Mender of brokenness!  You are all we need!  Please let us sit at Your feet!

Briley FAITH has brought so much more joy than tears!  We owe that all to You, our Lord and Savior!  We know she is in Your presence each and every day.  Thank You for giving her to us as a reflection of You.  You are Jehovah!  Jehovah Rapha, our Healer!  We know a healing is on the way for Briley!

Thank You for showing us who You are through Briley FAITH!  Thank You for always having the answers.  All we have to do is seek You… to be in Your presence.

In Your holy name I pray.  AMEN!

IN THE PRESENCE OF JEHOVAH - THE MARTINS

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment