Monday, December 24, 2012

DAY 63 - CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The past few days my husband and I have been talking of how it doesn’t seem like Christmas this year.  Yes, the past couple of months have been hard on the Briley FAITH journey and then seeing her, our own little angel swept up to heaven.  But, just yesterday while thinking about how it just seems different, I realized the journey had a greater impact on this Christmas than what I thought. 

The busy begins… A mad rush on “Black Friday” to get the best deal causes more pain than saving ten dollars.  Selfishness raises its head as the grabbing begins.  Horns of impatience honk in the parking lots.  The store lines are filled with customers who are breathing fire from their noses because they didn’t get what they wanted or their purchase wasn’t keyed in right!  This madness continues as people rush out the sliding glass doors passing the lady with the red bucket ringing a bell.  “Merry Christmas and God bless you!” she says without receiving an acknowledgement.  But, the bell still rings…

Christmas season to the world is getting the tree and lights up at least by the day after Thanksgiving.   Stores don’t really even acknowledge Thanksgiving anymore for fear of losing a day of sales.  Parents are stressing themselves trying to find the latest “toy craze” for the kids… running out of steam and money.  Groceries bought and aprons on, many are busy baking cookies and all other kinds of goodies; getting the ham or turkey just right.  Co-workers all look forward to their “Christmas” celebration.  Everyone is frantically trying to schedule all of the disarray into those few days.  Some attend church that one time a year thinking that will make everyone happy; when it’s them that’s unhappy.  Many, me included, make sure the Christmas story is shared prior to the busyness of opening gifts; such a short time of thanks for the greatest gift compared to the time spent excited over our worldly gifts. 

Now, don’t get me wrong.  I love the traditions of Christmas and spending time with family.  I love it all!  It’s just there is something different about this year.  Yesterday I realized what it is…

During the time the world would call the “season” we were not at the stores or putting up the tree, we were at the hospital with a wonderful gift to our lives, Briley FAITH.  She was like a “joy magnet”!  We just wanted to be around her, look into her eyes and love on her!  Our focus started shifting to glorifying God.  Prayers became bolder.  We lifted our hands and hearts in praise more freely!  There was an urgency to get God's message out!  Also, like many of you, we did not have the funds to buy presents like the norm and I discovered what we can do with nothing!  Then suddenly I realized my mind was not on my “normal” preparations for Christmas, according to “me”, a part of the world.  That was the difference!  That’s why it doesn’t feel like the Christmases I have had before!  I wasn’t in the “norm”!  Finally, I am at the place of… the REASON for my season!  My season of struggles sheds light on the reason for living.  It is to display my gift of eternal life I received in 1983!  As many say but few understand, “Jesus is the Reason for the Season”.  The season is not just in December, it is all year long!  I get it!  I really get it now!

Oh my, that's another thought that leads me to Briley FAITH.  I wish I could type without crying...

Thoughts of how Briley might describe Christmas in heaven, a different kind of busy…


Never being a part of Christmas on earth, never knowing greed, hate, selfishness, impatience, loneliness, depression, rudeness and other “world stuff”, I’ve never experienced what kind of Christmas you are having.  

There is a feeling I do understand and that is love.  Daddy, mommy and brother showed me more love than any earthly family could.  Daddy wiped my tears many times, caressed me and said “It’s going be alright.”  You know, like Jesus does.  When mommy sang I never realized until now how much she sounded like the angels here.  My brother, Jude held me… well, that is hard to explain; he held me in a way no earthly mind can comprehend.  Although I do miss them and I miss you, I would rather have Christmas all year long!  That is how it is in heaven!  I will describe it to you the best I can…

Christmas is all the time!!!  Bright, beautiful colors dance throughout the heavens!  Angels sing with joy continually!  Since Jesus is the greatest gift of all there is no need for stores; there is no need to shop!  He died on the perfect tree that became the cross, so there is no need to put up a tree!  Smiles line the streets of gold as one by one we bring our gifts of exaltation to Jesus!  The busyness here is uninterrupted praise!  Oh, how I wish you could see!

From heaven I can look down and see all the busyness of the world and displacement of Christmas.  If you were here with me, my great granddad, great grandmother and everyone else, you would know time is short.  Quit honking the horns, quit pushing and shoving; get busy loving each other.  Go to church more than once a year and stop spending money you don’t have; get busy spending time praising Jesus.  Children, family and friends may not remember next year what gift you gave them.  But, whether they are looking down from heaven like me, or looking up from hell, they will remember whether or not it was you who shared or didn’t share with them, Jesus Christ, the greatest gift of all. 

Because someone told my mommy and daddy and many others I love about that gift, I will see them again!  They received that gift of eternal life from Jesus!  I think there are many who really don’t understand how much love Jesus has to go around!  It is a love that must be shared!  One by one you must line the streets of greed, hate, cruelty, loneliness and heartbreak with love and smiles telling about the greatest gift that wipes it all away.  Then one day like me, they also, can have Christmas in heaven.

By embracing situations that have derailed my normal, I have unwrapped my gift again.   As I try my best to share this gift of salvation, I look forward to our paths crossing on the way to heaven.

Merry Christmas to all!

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for bringing me to this point of praise!  I lay down my heart to You in exaltation!

You say there is a season for everything.  Thank You for my season, for where I am in life right now.  You see, my heart is all You and anyone really want.  Thank You for helping me to slow down and understand Your reason for my season.

I come to You through the blood of the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ.  AMEN!



If you would like to know Jesus Christ, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment