Monday, December 17, 2012

DAY 60 - THE CALL

Mark 8:34
When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

December 11, 2012 at 8:08 p.m. my cell phone rang.  It was the call I knew would be coming, but still, I hesitantly answered for fear of the news on the other end.  The call was from Josh, Briley FAITH’s daddy, my son.  Through tears of faith I heard, “Mom, Briley is now walking with God on those streets of gold!”  Though in pain, not just at that moment, but for 61 days Josh’s faith remained.  The faith was still there.  God was still there.  He will always be. 

Tears escaped that I had held captive for so long in trying to be strength I thought others might need.  Finally, like balloons released to the sky, I released my tears to God.  After taking a deep breath, I said, “I am so sorry.  God has been faithful throughout all of this and I know He will not stop now!  He will give us everything we need!  Okay, son, with God we can do this!  You have said all along that God’s got this!  He still does.  I love you!”  Josh, “Yes, He does.  I love you!” 

We hang up to the beginning of a new journey.  An extension of the old.  Another branch extending from The Vine.  THE CALL.

Along with me, many of you are wondering what’s next.  As I seek and pray, my questions of placement and purpose are laid at His feet awaiting the answers.   

I also have questions for myself...  Since Briley FAITH is ultimately healed, will I get on my knees as often?  Can I be as focused on Him as I was during this journey?  Will I continue to seek the lost and boldly speak of God’s grace?  How do I keep this urgency within my soul to share the gospel truth?  Will life resume to constant noise and busyness that I won't be able to hear Him when He calls?

You, also may ask yourself a few questions...  Will I continue to have faith to pursue feeding the hungry?  Will I walk the streets and share the gospel with boldness?  Can I be focused enough to remember that whatever I am going through, I must lean on God?  Can I continue to be the mommy I know God wants me to be?  Can I continue to be the daddy that leads his family with total trust in what God can do?  Without the updates to read on Briley FAITH, will I continue to be as strong in the faith?  God used her story to help me; will I tell the story of God’s FAITHfulness and goodness to help others?  Will I answer His call?

Some will answer immediately and continue what God started.  With hesitancy, others will answer, take a deep breath and finally follow God’s lead.  Then, there will be some of you who will still say “No.”

He can and will use you!  Throughout my years I have heard many people say they don’t think God can use them and they are still trying to find their purpose.  Let me tell you, God equips the called!  Look at Briley FAITH!  Our little missionary answered the call and without one word God used her to reach thousands!  All you have to do is say yes!

Those who answer the call will find more joy in the journey, strength to stand, blessings beyond and grace to continue the walk of FAITH. 


He is calling you.  Please answer.

 Heavenly Father,

How thankful I am that Jesus Christ answered Your call to come to this earth and leave it as our Savior, our Messiah, our Answer!  All glory to You!

Thank You that we all have felt Your presence and a change in our lives.  Help us to take these feelings to heart and keep walking on the road You paved specifically for each of us through Briley FAITH’s journey.

I pray that the faith and strength we have gained from the testimonies of Josh and Crystal remain within us to be shared outwardly, as they have.  We all have a story to tell.  Help us to stay focused on You and in Your word as we strive to fulfill the purpose You have created us for.

Replace any doubts and fears we may have with assurance in You alone.  Through You, I know we are able.  You got this!

I look forward to hearing Your voice each time You call.

Through Jesus’ precious blood I come.  AMEN!

If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at k.fogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment