Friday, December 7, 2012

DAY 50 - UNEXPLAINABLE FAITH, UNINTERRUPTED LOVE, UNSPEAKABLE JOY!

James 1:2-6
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.


Each time I enter through the sliding glass doors at the Children’s Hospital to see Briley FAITH, I’ve noticed lately that I stand taller.  Shoulders back, marching down the halls… I talk to the Lord for He is my strength.  I am prepared now to walk into the NICU doors to the room at the very end of that hall, with a strength I want my children to be able to draw from.  Yes, they can receive the same that I do, but, sometimes God uses us for others. 

Just like the times I was weak, I drew strength from seeing Josh’s and Crystal’s faith.  By grace through faith we are saved.  Once we have received God’s gift of grace through faith, we can all be used and walk by faith.  Even in the most difficult times of our life, because of Christ, we have a faith that others might not understand… unexplainable faith.  

Several of us were at the hospital yesterday visiting.  As I sat back and watched, I could see the same love that I feel when I talk to Briley… when I tenderly touch her hands or kiss her tiny fingers.  That same love, when singing a song to her and not realizing other people might be listening.  Caught up in the love Briley FAITH brings. When I am with her in the crowded room, it feels as if it is just us two in this bubble of uninterrupted love.  That is how Christ’s love is for us.  A never ending… uninterrupted love.

There has always been beautiful praise music playing in Briley’s room.  Last night her mommy put on a new Christmas CD and it was playing a song that has recently become one of my favorites.  It is one we all know called “Joy to the World”.  But, in this version there is a part in the song that talks about this unspeakable joy…
Joy, unspeakable joy
An overflowing well, no tongue can tell!
Joy, unspeakable joy
Rises in my soul, never lets me go!
(a link to this song is attached below)

Today has brought in a morning of thankfulness!  Thankful because through this trial, Christ has given us His all!  The unexplainable faith, uninterrupted love, and unspeakable joy!  The only way to have it all is to know Christ, the Giver of all. 

When I laid my head down to sleep last night, that song was playing for me in my mind.  I awoke to it still playing over and over again.  My heart plugs in a video… My soul watches…

Josh and Crystal hand in hand walking down the hall… many worshipping together in the atrium… praying for others in the hospital waiting room… Updates from mommy about Briley FAITH bring strength to others… UNEXPLAINABLE FAITH.

Big brother, Jude, passionately reading a book to his baby sister, like I’ve never heard him before… grandparents kissing tiny fingers… Eyes beholding such beauty and grace, not wanting to look away… UNINTERRUPTED LOVE.

Decorative lanterns hanging from Briley’s ceiling, remnants of the mommy/daughter day… Josh shedding tears of gratefulness during local news interview… A phone call from someone who was saved from God using Briley’s story, now knows this joy…  Jesus Christ hanging on an old rugged tree, rises from the grave and is here for us today… UNSPEAKABLE JOY.

Heavenly Father,

This smile on my face feels so much better than the salt I have tasted from the tears I have cried.  All glory goes to You for this!  It is so true there are no words for Your faithfulness, Your love, and the joy that You give!  I am so grateful to You!  I humbly come to You through the blood of Jesus Christ!  I want all Your joy! 

Thank You for being a constant in my life even if I step away at times.  Thank You for being a constant for Briley FAITH, Josh, Crystal and Jude.  Thank You for the constant You are in our family.  Without You we would not know the depths of faith, love and joy You bring.  Without You we would not be complete. 

Your will, Your way…  For our joy and Your glory.  AMEN!

  
Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy) - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment