Monday, December 3, 2012

DAY 46 - DRINKING AGAIN!

Psalm 42:1
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, my God.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 5:49 p.m., 17 days after Briley FAITH was born, was a moment I will never forget; the first time to ever hold this precious angel.  It was definitely a surprise!  None of us grandparents thought we would ever get that opportunity.  She is hooked up to so much and very fragile.  I always held Briley in my heart, but now, that day, I actually got to hold her in my lap!  I posted a picture in yesterday’s blog if you want to see this special one in my lap.

That moment, that special time with her was so peaceful.  I rested, loved, sang, breathed deeper and smiled a lot.  We talked with our eyes locked as if saying, “Let’s not let this moment end.”  Although, that day and moment ended, it will never end in my heart.  My heart is always a place I can go and drink from the joy that lies within.  

PawPaw and I left the hospital with big smiles! On the drive  home I noticed there was a lot of traffic on the interstate. Headlights in the dark zoomed by.  Were all these people in a hurry to get to somewhere, anywhere or nowhere?  In urgency for really nothing?  To get to the “going out of business” sale that happens every year at the same store?  Rushing home to watch an episode of a “Survivor” to later find out you could have survived not watching it?  In and out of traffic rushing with the rest of the world… is that really life?   

As I am looking out the window my thoughts are interrupted… in the middle of this “rush of life” my mind zeros in… “What is that on the side of this busy interstate?  Is it a person who needs help?”  My eyes are fixed… locked in, on this object sitting in the dark.  Finally, we come upon this beautiful buck lying down with his neck stretched upward, facing the cars that are racing by.  One thing I notice is that he’s at rest.  Nothing startles him.  Although it happened so quickly, the vision of this bold strength is forever etched in my mind.  With the rush around him he is calm, he is satisfied.

Suddenly, I find my mind is back in the hospital room holding my granddaughter.  Then it reflects on all the sweet times I’ve had with my grandson sitting in my lap telling me “I love you so, so, so, so, so much!”  It feels so good as I remember special times with my children, husband, family and friends.  Then, another memory… I can see it like it was yesterday! There I am at church accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior!  The more I drink in these wonderful memories the more often a smile appears on my face!  The more I drink in the living water, the more strength and peace He gives!  Drinking again and again…happier, stronger, calmer!

The deer on the side of this busy highway was telling a story to those who would listen.  But, I’m afraid many passed on by in their hurriedness… not even noticing.  I think sometimes we get so caught up in the “whirlwind of wasted time” that we have become immune to the important things in life.   

The story is that sometimes it takes a death, tragedy or a deer on the side of the road to slow us down and refocus.  That is fact.  Most of us have been there.  Then we come to realize the most important part of everyday.  It is resting in Him, loving each other, singing in the rain, holding your children and grandchildren, and smiling more while making memories that matter.  Then, you too, will be going often to that place where the living water flows and memories are stored, drinking again, and again, and again!


Heavenly Father,

When I am in the rush of the world I notice that I lose that joy and I am weak.  Thank You for Your faithfulness though I sometimes lose focus.  Thank you that Your living water never runs dry!  It satisfies all my needs and calms all my fears.  You bring me such happiness that it makes me want more of You. 

Thank You for taking care of Briley FAITH with Your healing springs.  We know she will always be resting in Your lap.

Thank You for giving us what the world can never take away; living water. 

In Jesus’ name I come.  AMEN!


Link to: Briley FAITH Updates

No comments:

Post a Comment