Saturday, January 12, 2013

DAY 67 - HIS GLORY REIGNS IN THE RAIN!

 Hosea 6:3
 Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.  His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.

Revelation 11:17


“We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come,
because You have taken Your great power and reigned."




It’s house cleaning day!  Not that cleaning is something to get excited about; it is just a fact of dread.  I could frown and procrastinate or proceed with expectation of the great feeling I will have when the last thing is marked off the list.  So, I put on a smile, start the praise music, and get out the cleaning supplies.  This begins an unveiling of unexpected cleansing…   

Yesterday was not easy for several reasons, one being Briley FAITH’s 3-month birthday.  We celebrated here.  She celebrated in heaven; the better place, a constant celebration of God’s glory.  SONshine all day long! 

Though today it is rainy, dark and gloomy outside, as I clean, the pictures of Briley FAITH surrounding me radiate reminders of God’s faithfulness.  There were days when it rained harder than others; He was there through it all, rain or shine.  He let me cry and ask the “whys”.  His strength carried me when I could not stand.  He gave me comfort as I traveled the “road of mixed feelings” to the hospital praying and praising.  The walks down the empty halls continued to fill with His peace.  In Briley FAITH’s hospital room there was no doubt He reigned.

Even in while scrubbing the yuck and wiping down mirrors, reflections of God’s faithfulness become my worship for today…

There is a song I sing every now and then called “Bring the Rain”.  One phrase in this song is “If that’s what it takes to praise You, Jesus bring the rain!”  I want more of God each day!  But, to get there I have to weather the storms of life in dependence on Him.  The pain we grandparents endured was so great when we lost our grandbaby, Briley FAITH.  I can’t imagine the depth of the pain Josh and Crystal have had to endure from the loss of their child, their beautiful baby girl!  Oh man, could I do it again?  Can I say from my heart, “Bring the rain?”  Believe me, there are days I want to say “No”.   But, the reflections show God’s greatness behind the “Yes”.  So, the answer, though hard to type, is “Yes”.  It is “yes” because I am never alone.

The rain pours down outside, I praise inside…

One of my favorite house cleaning CDs is from Hillsong.  “Can’t Stop Talking” is the song now playing.  Singing, cleaning and washing clothes I have to stop and giggle… I notice the washing machine shaking in sync with the beat of the music!  My soul shouts, “I want to be like that with You, Lord!  I want to be in sync with You, Your will, Your way!  When the rain comes I want see Your glory in the middle of it all!  When life tries to shake me down, I really do want to be praising You up!”

The pause of a chuckle links me to the next chore on my cleaning list…

Dusting, I’m standing in front of shelves holding memories and love; pictures of family and friends.  My mom, a woman of great faith smiles behind the glass in the frame.  No matter her pain she always stands on God’s promises.  Missing being close in miles to her, I put in her CD.  She sings a song called “Praise His Name”.  God uses this beautiful song to push away the clouds.  My eyes then fall upon a picture of my father, another soldier who marched boldly for Christ in the rains of life up until his final breath.  My earthly examples; praise and pain all in sync as my rain can be with His reign.

In the memories of rains of past, I see God.  The cleaning continues as I feel my soul is also being cleansed.  Another CD begins to play as I realize what God is doing… My rain, my pain, draws closer to His reign, His glory…

A song now playing is called “You Were There”, then another one, “In the Presence of Jehovah” both sung by my dear friend, Darla Hildebrant.  God has used this CD of hers called “Worship Him” to shed His light on some of my darkest moments.  Then, “You Raise Me Up” to more than I can be… He does raise me up, He really does!  It is not me, it is all Him!  If God did not reign in my life I would drown!

Today I am different.  I am stronger, I am bolder, I can do this!  So can you!  Whatever rain is your pain, give it to the One who will hold you in the storm.  Release it to the sovereign King who understands your cries and give you peace in the midst of it all!  He was there before and He is there today.  Wherever you are just keep talking about Him, praising His name, knowing He’s there.  Then, rest in His presence, and become who He sees in you, to more than you can do alone.   Together we can share with the world His truth in us!

Outside the rain has ceased and the birds are singing again.  The house cleaning is complete and my soul is cleansed and in sync with God’s glory!

HE REIGNS!

Links:


Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your forgiveness through the blood of Jesus!  I’m a sinner and yet You give me mercy, You give me grace, You call me Your child and love me through it all!  Thank You for this day!  Thank You for hope in the rain! 

The days past show You have always been there so why should I doubt today?  I know You can provide!  I know You can heal!  I know You give strength and endurance!  I know You are greater than the rain; greater than my pain!

Father, I pray Your glory reigns in my rain!

In Your holy name I pray.  AMEN!

If you would like to know Jesus Christ, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at kfogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.




No comments:

Post a Comment