Sunday, July 27, 2014

A FIRM FOUNDATION

Hebrews 11:1-3
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.   By faith we understand that the worlds were FRAMED by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.


This morning, since I'm recovering from surgery and unable to go to church, I'm having my own; just me and Jesus!  As I was talking to Him and thumbing through my Bible I came across a piece of paper with a few words I had jotted down which led to this post; now an excerpt in a book I am writing, a word from God; church.

A wise woman, years ago who God placed in my life for a short period of time shared some words of wisdom I had written down and placed between the pages of my Bible. Though read many times today was the day I read them the way they were to have been received; given by the wise to be read with wisdom.  "IF I HAVE MY MIND FOCUSED ON MY PROBLEM, I'M NOT SEEKING GOD".  I get it.  Once again, I learn through my grandaughter, Briley Faith.

During Briley Faith’s 61 days of her time here and today, many would view our life, this "house" we live in, as unstable from the sudden shifts and cracks in the foundation, holes in the walls of our heart, and the many tears that leaked within.  But, as a family we realized if we focused on those things our house would crumble; be of no use, no value, no purpose.  By seeking God, the Master Builder, we knew this was in His plan; His plan is perfect; and so we stand.

The reason for peace is because of the place; the place we, you and I, choose to rest our mind, the place we choose to live.  On October 11, 2012, we chose His plan, not the pain.  Don't get me wrong, it hurt and still does.  But by taking God's trusting hand, He got us through the journey and still does to this day.

Not only did our family gain victory, but Briley Faith won the ultimate race; purpose to glory.  Victory comes from seeking God and a home built on faith.

Build your hope, your home on Jesus Christ and His faithfulness.  His way is sure.  He is the certain in your uncertainty; Your firm foundation.
Click on link to THE SOLID ROCK/MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS hymn

Briley Faith resting on Christ; teaching us to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment