Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DAY 61 - FLOWERS AND A ROCK

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding.”

This blog has been in existance for 61 days.  The same number of days my granddaughter, Briley FAITH celebrated her life.  For several days I had wondered what today would bring for the blog.  This morning after my quiet time, I planned on doing my bills first and was pleasantly interrupted.

Sitting at my desk reality tries to slip through the cracks of my mind…

Paying bills is a reminder to trust God.  Especially during this time of year when our hearts want to do so much more than the budget allows. 

The numbers in my check register almost evaporate as the adding machine subtracts.  Hmmm… what is that I hear?  Is that a “poor, pitiful me”?  Yes, I opened the door to a moment of self pity.  Is that okay?  I am by myself and no one saw me.  Rewind… God did.  He lives within my heart and doesn’t miss a thing.  That is why He reminds me with happy moments that He is still there.

Within seconds of my quiet whining, the phone rings.  “Mrs. Fogarty, I am from Letta’s Flowers.  I have a delivery for you and wanted to make sure you will be home.”  Tears whelp up in my eyes and I say, “Oh wow, yes, I will be home.  Thank you!”  After I hang up the phone I glance down at something I have not noticed in a while.  It is a small rock with a scripture on it that sits under my computer monitor.  The imprint reads, “Lean not on your own understanding.”  Proverbs 3:5. 

Immediately, I close the door to self-pity and open it to a beautiful, bright bouquet of flowers that have arrived.  Lifting out the card that was hidden amongst red Gerbera Daisies (my favorite) and yellow Roses, I find it is from friends of mine that God has used over the years to send a card or word of encouragement in perfect timing for my need or redirection.  The message on the card is Thinking of you-- We love you.  Thank you, Ann, Bill and Tracianne!  I love you!

An extension of Briley FAITH’s story, God's faithfulness; love comes in the form of flowers and a rock.  What a blessing!  Oh, oh, here comes an epiphany!  Unlike what happened earlier in my checkbook register I'm reminded BLESSINGS ARE NOT A SUBTRACTION!  They are additions to our life from a FAITHful God!  I had to lean on Him and see through His eyes to truly understand.

God used flowers and a rock to help me to realize I am rich! I end this post reflecting on a few of the additions to my life.

This will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life God gave me on October 11, 2012; my granddaughter, Briley FAITH.  Yes, it will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life God gave me on January 13, 2010; my grandson, Jude.  It will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life God gave me on August 4, 2007; my daughter-in-love, Crystal.  It will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life God gave me on March 16, 2002; my husband, David and his family.  It will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life God gave me on July 1, 1986; my daughter, Kristen.  It will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life God gave me on October 11, 1983; my son, Josh.  It will be the best Christmas ever because of the addition to my life on April 25, 1961; God gave me my loving mom, dad and amazing family.  Throughout the years there have been many friends added; the list could go on and on.  But, the main reason I will have the best Christmas ever is because of what occurred at church one Sunday night in August of 1984; I receive the gift of eternal life! Jesus, the greatest addition of all!


 Heavenly Father,

Thank You for being the constant in my life!  Thank You for true joy!  Thank You for Your perfect way!  Thank You for the additions to my life You have given me!

Thank you for the reminders You still give me in my moments of doubt and discouragement.  You really are still FAITHful when I am faithless.

Thank you for the additions to my life, my bouquet of flowers.  Thank You that You are the Rock on which I can stand!

I pray if there are others out there who are having their moments, days, even years of discouragement, that they will pause and see they have flowers, too.  I pray if someone, just one, who feels there is no hope, will find that hope in You, their Rock to stand on.

In the name of Jesus, I come asking forgiveness of all my sin and praising as I am cleansed by that precious blood!  AMEN!


If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at k.fogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment