Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DAY 12 - Painful Pursuit

One thing my grandson, Jude, loves to do is for me to pick him up and run chasing mommy and daddy.  He screams with excitement, "Go faster Granna!" 
I'm thinking, "I hope I don't mess up my get-a-long!"  But, I continue to run, praying my knees don't give out or that I'll need Bengay when we're done!  I continue to go as fast as my old body will let me because I get to hear the laughter and excitement in Jude's voice.  I get to see him smile.  In a painful pursuit I find joy.

Psalm 118:13-14
I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the Lord helped me.  The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.  We are afflicted in every way, but NOT CRUSHED; perplexed, but NOT DRIVEN TO DESPAIR; persecuted, but NOT FORSAKEN; struck down, but NOT DESTROYED…”

Heavenly Father,

Oh the blood, the precious blood that covers all my sin.  I come to You in repentance.  I praise You for forgiveness.

You are holy.  You are almighty.  You are full of glory, mercy and grace.  Father, we want ALL of You!  Even in the pain.

As we have pursued You, as we have followed hard after You, it has been painful.  Sometimes we wonder if there are anymore prayers to pray, anymore tears to cry, anymore falling down... 

And then...we praise
and then...we believe
and then...we stand
and then...we give thanks
and then...we say no to fear
and then...we sing
and then...we testify
and then...we receive
and then...we look for a suddenly
and then...we reflect on Your goodness, rest in Your grace and are renewed by Your greatness
and then...we march until You say stop

So, we are running hard in painful pursuit.  Chasing You, wanting more of You.  Looking for the joy in the pain.  Falling down.  Finding You where we land.  You were there all the time!  I have realized I will never catch You because the pursuit is what brings You glory.

In our arms of prayer we run to you with Briley Faith.  Give her the strength to breathe 100% on her own.  Any disorder man may say, we wait on orders from You, our God!  We lay her at Your feet so her precious little hands touch the hem of Your garment receiving Your healing power!  Briley Faith reflects Your glory.  Briley Faith is in Your hands. 

Josh and Crystal are running so fast Lord that their breaths are few and their strength has been depleted.  We know they are not crushed, driven to despair, not forsaken and not destroyed because You are their salvation!  You are their song!  In this painful pursuit please bring them joy.

In Jesus' name in one accord our trust is in You.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment