Monday, October 29, 2012

DAY 11 - MARCH UNTIL!

The words ring in my ears as my grandson, Briley's big brother, Jude sings.  The march he does in motion to the song is a vision of determination.  Over and over it plays in my mind...

I'm In the Lord's Army
I may never march in the infantry
Ride in the cavalry
Shoot the artillery
I may never fly o'er the enemy
But I'm in the Lord's army!
Yes Sir!

I'm in the Lord's army!
Yes sir!
I'm in the Lord's army!
Yes sir!

I may never march in the infantry
Ride in the cavalry
Shoot the artillery
I may never fly o'er the enemy
But I'm in the Lord's army!
Yes sir!

Joshua 6:15-16
On the seventh day they rose early, at the dawn of day, and marched around the city in the same manner seven times. It was only on that day that they marched around the city seven times.   And at the seventh time, when the priests had blown the trumpets, Joshua said to the people, “SHOUT FOR THE LORD HAS GIVEN YOU THE CITY."

The story of Joshua and the city of Jericho is a reminder of the holiness of God, the power of God and the reality that NO OBSTACLE is too big to stand in the way when God is at work!

Genesis 22:13-14
And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and BEHOLD (suddenly!), behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son.  So Abraham called the name of that place, “THE LORD WILL PROVIDE”; as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”

No questions asked.  Three agonizing days Abraham traveled to reach the place where God appointed for his son, Isaac, to be sacrificed.  As Abraham marched/walked he displayed only faith.  He even tells his servants that he AND Isaac will return after the sacrifice is made.  He sees a happy ending through the eyes of faith.


Heavenly Father,

Forgive me.  Forgive me of all, forgive me.  Sins I can't remember, reveal to me.  Forgive me.  Forgive me from every pause of doubt and every glimpse of fear.  That is not of You, so please forgive me.  Forgive me so the prayers I lay at Your feet will be heard.  I come to You through Your son's blood.  Please forgive me. 

You are all powerful, all knowing, all-everything!  We give You praise!  Let any word that I speak only be praise or reflect Your glory! 

We know there is nothing too great for You because You are GREATER!  So Father, we ask You to breathe in Briley, open her lungs, balance her breathing with consistency!  Because we know You are THE PROVIDER, JEHOVAH JIREH, we ask You to provide the doctors and nurses caring for Briley wisdom in knowing and understanding each step toward her complete recovery!  We ask You to bring her blood pressure down and keep it stable!  We ask You to give her the comfort only You can give!  As our little soldier marches, with each step of each day let there be no more pain and no more tears to whelp up in her beautiful eyes.  We know You will provide the way. 

We'll march until the walls come down
We'll march until You provide a lamb
We'll march in faith to the promised land
Because You are the Great I Am!

May we all see through the eyes of Briley Faith, our little soldier of perseverance and strength.  It is through our faith You will take us to a happy ending.  Our promised land.

I'm in the Lord's army!  Yes sir!

In Your holy name I pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment