Sunday, October 28, 2012

DAY 10 - REFLECT, REST & RENEW!

Isaiah 53:4-5
 Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.  But He was pierced for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His wounds we are healed.
Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Isaiah 40:31
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Heavenly Father,
I come to You with thanksgiving!  Praising You that on that day at Calvary You gave Your only Son as a sacrifice for my sins!  That precious blood of Jesus for someone such as I!  I can't imagine giving up my son or daughter for anyone, especially those who may treat me bad....but, You did.  What grace, what love!  So, I reflect on that sacrifice today because I know You did that because You knew we would have days like these.  You knew there is no hope in the world...only hope is YOU!  You knew we would cry, You knew we would worry, You knew we would want to give up on life.  That is why we now have the choice to have life through You! 
Also, reflecting on that day of great sacrifice, I know that You would not have given up Your son up to give up on us!  I know You would not have turned Your back on that wretched day to later turn Your back on us!  I know You knew Your son, Jesus Christ, would rise from the grave on the third day!  That is the hope!  Briley Faith may not be at where the doctors think she needs to be right now.  Her little body is going through pain and struggles.  But, because of Your sacrifice, we can rest in the hope that in Your perfect timing she will rise in victory for Your glory!
As Briley's body rests, we rest in You.  We will watch and wait because we know You are our God.  May Your name be proclaimed without one word!
While waiting on You to renew Briley's strength and body,  renew Josh's, Crystal's and Jude's strength, too!  Renew the doctors and nurses strength and minds!  Renew our strength! 
We are ready to run...we are ready to fly!
In Your holy name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment